HTCIA Webinar Series
As part of the 2014 HTCIA Education Program, we are pleased to announce monthly training webinars to be provided to HTCIA members via GoToWebinars. These webinars will provide the following to the membership:
- Interesting subject matter – we plan on alternating the subject matter of the webinars from month to month to ensure that all members get to attend a session that is of interest and relevance for them
- Concise considering everyone has a busy schedule – the sessions will last 90 minutes – including a 60min presentation and a 30min Q&A session
- Not a product sales pitch – Unless the focus of the session is to provide training on a product, all our webinars will not be sales pitches – they will all provide useful training and information
- Watch on-demand – Can’t make a session? No worries, all presentations will be recorded and accessible shortly after the session for those of you who cannot be there live – and we will even provide the slides too!
- Valuable method to earn credit – Many of you with certifications (i.e. SANS, CISSP, etc.) need continuing professional education (CPE) credits to maintain your designations – following the session, we will e-mail you a certificate of completion
Here is the tentative schedule of monthly webinars for this year. As we get closer each month, we will provide more details on the actual presentation topic.
- February – Data Breaches (Lou Archbold, Verizon)
- March – Memory Forensics (Alissa Torres, SANS)
- April – OSINT (Chris Todd, Unisys)
- May – Litigation (Kenneth Citarella)
- June – Incident Response (Rob Lee, SANS)
- July – Information Security (Rafal Los, HP)
- August – Malware Analysis (Lenny Zeltser, SANS)
- September – Forensics – Enscript Development (TBD)
- October – Network Forensics (Matt Shannon, F-Response)
- November – Forensics – SSD Drive Analysis (TBD)
- December – Web Application Security (Peter Morin, Bell Aliant)
This month’s webinar entitled Current Trends in Cyber Security is presented by Lou Archbold, Senior Consultant for the Verizon Rapid Response Retainer service. In this session Mr. Archbold will discuss the current cyber breach landscape. This includes a look into the current rash of retailer breaches. This presentation will use the the 2013 Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR) as a backdrop.
If you are a member and interested in registering for the next webinar (free of charge), please proceed to the registration page (you will need to sign into the member portal).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com