Student Connect is the HTCIA’s student membership program.
On October 19, 2008, the International Board of Directors approved a bylaw provision creating the Student Membership.
The purpose of this membership class is to foster, promote, and encourage the study of criminal investigations involving advanced technologies and security by the academic community. It is limited to undergraduate or graduate students majoring in computer science; forensics, criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections, accounting, auditing or similar program of study with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) established by the International Executive Committee (IEC). The IEC will establish general application procedures and requirements for Student Members which are not in conflict with these bylaws.
Ten or more Student Members from one college or university may form a HTCIA School Charter. The IEC will establish general application procedures, requirements and governance for HTCIA School Charters.
Current School Charters
- Anne Arundel Community College sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Chapter
- Champlain College sponsored by the New England Chapter
- Cal Poly Pomona – FAST sponsored by the Southern California Chapter
- Chestnut Hill College sponsored by the Delaware Chapter
- Defiance College sponsored by the Ohio State Chapter
- Eastern Kentucky University sponsored by the Kentucky Chapter
- Edmonds Community College sponsored by the Washington State Chapter
- Illinois Institute of Technology sponsored by the Midwest Chapter
- Metropolitan State University sponsored by the Minnesota Chapter
- Nova Scotia Community College sponsored by the Atlantic Canada Chapter
- Pace University, sponsored by the Northeast Chapter
- Spokane Falls Community College sponsored by the Washington State Chapter
- St. John’s University, sponsored by the Northeast Chapter
- Stark State College, sponsored by the Ohio Chapter
For further information about establishing a school charter, contact Carol Hutchings – email@example.com